Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
A few years ago, when Yelawolf was just beginning to build his buzz, the Alabama native had to overcome the hurdle of looking more like a tattooed punk rocker than your typical rapper. Now that he’s established himself as one of the most gifted emcees currently doing it, however, Michael Wayne Atha’s decided to see if the shoe fits by creating a collaborative project with Blink-182 drummer-turned-solo phenom Travis Barker. Today, we get the video for the first taste of the project in the form of lead single Push Em. A genre-blending experiment just crazy enough to work, the record finds Barker pounding out a relentless oom-pah rhythm as Yela drops some characteristically hyperkinetic flows, before switching up tempo on a chorus/breakdown guaranteed to get the mosh pit raging when the record’s performed live. Skinhead Rob and Tim Armstrong amplify the cut’s breakneck energy with some bellowed call-and-response hook vocals. Psycho White is set to hit record stores and online retailers November 13. In the meantime, fans of Barker’s percussion can get another fix via Xzibit‘s Napalm, released earlier this month.
Written by richard on 10/24/12
Gadsen, Alabama rhymesayer Yelawolf (a performer in the Booth's recent A3C showcase) has joined forces with Blink-182 drummer-turned solo hitmaker Travis Barker to create a new, genre-bending collaborative EP. Psycho White...
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)