Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
A few years ago, when Yelawolf was just beginning to build his buzz, the Alabama native had to overcome the hurdle of looking more like a tattooed punk rocker than your typical rapper. Now that he’s established himself as one of the most gifted emcees currently doing it, however, Michael Wayne Atha’s decided to see if the shoe fits by creating a collaborative project with Blink-182 drummer-turned-solo phenom Travis Barker. Today, we get the video for the first taste of the project in the form of lead single Push Em. A genre-blending experiment just crazy enough to work, the record finds Barker pounding out a relentless oom-pah rhythm as Yela drops some characteristically hyperkinetic flows, before switching up tempo on a chorus/breakdown guaranteed to get the mosh pit raging when the record’s performed live. Skinhead Rob and Tim Armstrong amplify the cut’s breakneck energy with some bellowed call-and-response hook vocals. Psycho White is set to hit record stores and online retailers November 13. In the meantime, fans of Barker’s percussion can get another fix via Xzibit‘s Napalm, released earlier this month.
Written by richard on 10/24/12
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.