Nothing helps an artist get the word out about a new project more than a blazing hot lead single, and nobody knows this better than the Shady/Interscope young gun, Yelawolf. On the lead single off Trunk Muzik Returns (the follow up to 2010’s critically acclaimed and DJBooth-hosted Trunk Muzik) Yelawolf definitely gets word out—Way Out. While Radioactive received rave reviews, it did surprise some fans, who had grown accustomed to the artist’s unique Southern style. Throughout Way Out, however, Yela boasts “I’m on my Catfish Billy sh*t”, a reference to his Alabama backwoods alias. Over longtime collaborator SupaHotBeats’ cosmic yet cutting synth-heavy production, each word spit comes alive, likely ensuring that all who crave his original substance, sizzle and unwavering, insatiable flow will be left satisfied. The highly anticipated Trunk Muzik Returns is locked in for a March 14, release via Yelawolf.com.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Yelawolf’s Potsy Ponciroli‘s Way Out visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.