Nothing helps an artist get the word out about a new project more than a blazing hot lead single, and nobody knows this better than the Shady/Interscope young gun, Yelawolf. On the lead single off Trunk Muzik Returns (the follow up to 2010’s critically acclaimed and DJBooth-hosted Trunk Muzik) Yelawolf definitely gets word out—Way Out. While Radioactive received rave reviews, it did surprise some fans, who had grown accustomed to the artist’s unique Southern style. Throughout Way Out, however, Yela boasts “I’m on my Catfish Billy sh*t”, a reference to his Alabama backwoods alias. Over longtime collaborator SupaHotBeats’ cosmic yet cutting synth-heavy production, each word spit comes alive, likely ensuring that all who crave his original substance, sizzle and unwavering, insatiable flow will be left satisfied. The highly anticipated Trunk Muzik Returns is locked in for a March 14, release via Yelawolf.com.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Yelawolf’s Potsy Ponciroli‘s Way Out visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/19/13
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.