Nothing helps an artist get the word out about a new project more than a blazing hot lead single, and nobody knows this better than the Shady/Interscope young gun, Yelawolf. On the lead single off Trunk Muzik Returns (the follow up to 2010’s critically acclaimed and DJBooth-hosted Trunk Muzik) Yelawolf definitely gets word out—Way Out. While Radioactive received rave reviews, it did surprise some fans, who had grown accustomed to the artist’s unique Southern style. Throughout Way Out, however, Yela boasts “I’m on my Catfish Billy sh*t”, a reference to his Alabama backwoods alias. Over longtime collaborator SupaHotBeats’ cosmic yet cutting synth-heavy production, each word spit comes alive, likely ensuring that all who crave his original substance, sizzle and unwavering, insatiable flow will be left satisfied. The highly anticipated Trunk Muzik Returns is locked in for a March 14, release via Yelawolf.com.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Yelawolf’s Potsy Ponciroli‘s Way Out visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/19/13
Back on January 1, 2010, The DJBooth hosted Trunk Muzik, an independently-released street album from an Alabama emcee named Yelawolf. Fast forward 50 or so features over three plus years and the artist born Michael Wayne...
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)