Nothing helps an artist get the word out about a new project more than a blazing hot lead single, and nobody knows this better than the Shady/Interscope young gun, Yelawolf. On the lead single off Trunk Muzik Returns (the follow up to 2010’s critically acclaimed and DJBooth-hosted Trunk Muzik) Yelawolf definitely gets word out—Way Out. While Radioactive received rave reviews, it did surprise some fans, who had grown accustomed to the artist’s unique Southern style. Throughout Way Out, however, Yela boasts “I’m on my Catfish Billy sh*t”, a reference to his Alabama backwoods alias. Over longtime collaborator SupaHotBeats’ cosmic yet cutting synth-heavy production, each word spit comes alive, likely ensuring that all who crave his original substance, sizzle and unwavering, insatiable flow will be left satisfied. The highly anticipated Trunk Muzik Returns is locked in for a March 14, release via Yelawolf.com.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Yelawolf’s Potsy Ponciroli‘s Way Out visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/19/13
Back on January 1, 2010, The DJBooth hosted Trunk Muzik, an independently-released street album from an Alabama emcee named Yelawolf. Fast forward 50 or so features over three plus years and the artist born Michael Wayne...
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.