Before Juicy J and Project Pat were on reality shows, they were consistently providing trunk-rattling music crunk enough to create riots. If the #Occupy folks had Tear Da Club Up ’97 constantly playing, I don’t think the gatherings would be so peaceful. The music from the Memphis group reached everyone in the South at the time, and Yelawolf’s hometown of Gadsden, AL, is just five short hours away from Memphis. So it’s only fitting that Yela enlisted original Three 6 Mafia member Gangsta Boo after hearing the instrumental to Throw It Up, his third single from Radioactive, due out November 21. Produced by Will Power (aka SupaHotBeats), who produced the majority of Yela’s Trunk Muzik (both the original and Trunk Muzik 0-60), Throw It Up is a neck-cracking track abundant with sharp horns and constant snares over which Yela, his Shady Records boss Eminem and Ms. “Where Dem Dollas At” unleash pure verbal intensity for four minutes. With tracks like this, Radioactive will have my undivided attention the day it drops. Now only if Yelawolf could get Crunchy Black, Lord Infamous, and Koopsta on the remix. Eminem, can we make that happen?
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.