Before Juicy J and Project Pat were on reality shows, they were consistently providing trunk-rattling music crunk enough to create riots. If the #Occupy folks had Tear Da Club Up ’97 constantly playing, I don’t think the gatherings would be so peaceful. The music from the Memphis group reached everyone in the South at the time, and Yelawolf’s hometown of Gadsden, AL, is just five short hours away from Memphis. So it’s only fitting that Yela enlisted original Three 6 Mafia member Gangsta Boo after hearing the instrumental to Throw It Up, his third single from Radioactive, due out November 21. Produced by Will Power (aka SupaHotBeats), who produced the majority of Yela’s Trunk Muzik (both the original and Trunk Muzik 0-60), Throw It Up is a neck-cracking track abundant with sharp horns and constant snares over which Yela, his Shady Records boss Eminem and Ms. “Where Dem Dollas At” unleash pure verbal intensity for four minutes. With tracks like this, Radioactive will have my undivided attention the day it drops. Now only if Yelawolf could get Crunchy Black, Lord Infamous, and Koopsta on the remix. Eminem, can we make that happen?
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 11/13/11
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.