Before Juicy J and Project Pat were on reality shows, they were consistently providing trunk-rattling music crunk enough to create riots. If the #Occupy folks had Tear Da Club Up ’97 constantly playing, I don’t think the gatherings would be so peaceful. The music from the Memphis group reached everyone in the South at the time, and Yelawolf’s hometown of Gadsden, AL, is just five short hours away from Memphis. So it’s only fitting that Yela enlisted original Three 6 Mafia member Gangsta Boo after hearing the instrumental to Throw It Up, his third single from Radioactive, due out November 21. Produced by Will Power (aka SupaHotBeats), who produced the majority of Yela’s Trunk Muzik (both the original and Trunk Muzik 0-60), Throw It Up is a neck-cracking track abundant with sharp horns and constant snares over which Yela, his Shady Records boss Eminem and Ms. “Where Dem Dollas At” unleash pure verbal intensity for four minutes. With tracks like this, Radioactive will have my undivided attention the day it drops. Now only if Yelawolf could get Crunchy Black, Lord Infamous, and Koopsta on the remix. Eminem, can we make that happen?
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 11/13/11
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.