As the South continues its high powered run, two emcees who have individually put out some bangers have linked up to prove that two Southern mouths are indeed better than one. Of course I’m talking about Alabamian Yelawolf and longtime Georgia representative Gucci Mane collaborating on I Just Wanna Party. On Yela’s first single as an Interscope signee, the emcee nabs frequent production partner Will Power (for SupaHot Beats), who creates a beat that should get the attention of both hip-hop heads and those who are just looking to party. On the mic Wolf showcases his fast delivery and charismatic punch-lines over the simplistic yet friendly beat, while Gucci assists with a kinda-quick flow that we usually don’t hear from the ad-lib king. Although the hook can get a bit tedious, overall, whether you’re just chilling with homies or having a house party, it sounds like Yela might have a single that will put his name up in lights. Party is available on iTunes now and will appear on Yeller’s upcoming album Trunk Muzik 0-60, a re-release of the DJBooth-sponsored original, complete with seven new songs.
Written by JRTheWriter on 10/14/10
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.