As the South continues its high powered run, two emcees who have individually put out some bangers have linked up to prove that two Southern mouths are indeed better than one. Of course I’m talking about Alabamian Yelawolf and longtime Georgia representative Gucci Mane collaborating on I Just Wanna Party. On Yela’s first single as an Interscope signee, the emcee nabs frequent production partner Will Power (for SupaHot Beats), who creates a beat that should get the attention of both hip-hop heads and those who are just looking to party. On the mic Wolf showcases his fast delivery and charismatic punch-lines over the simplistic yet friendly beat, while Gucci assists with a kinda-quick flow that we usually don’t hear from the ad-lib king. Although the hook can get a bit tedious, overall, whether you’re just chilling with homies or having a house party, it sounds like Yela might have a single that will put his name up in lights. Party is available on iTunes now and will appear on Yeller’s upcoming album Trunk Muzik 0-60, a re-release of the DJBooth-sponsored original, complete with seven new songs.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.