As the South continues its high powered run, two emcees who have individually put out some bangers have linked up to prove that two Southern mouths are indeed better than one. Of course I’m talking about Alabamian Yelawolf and longtime Georgia representative Gucci Mane collaborating on I Just Wanna Party. On Yela’s first single as an Interscope signee, the emcee nabs frequent production partner Will Power (for SupaHot Beats), who creates a beat that should get the attention of both hip-hop heads and those who are just looking to party. On the mic Wolf showcases his fast delivery and charismatic punch-lines over the simplistic yet friendly beat, while Gucci assists with a kinda-quick flow that we usually don’t hear from the ad-lib king. Although the hook can get a bit tedious, overall, whether you’re just chilling with homies or having a house party, it sounds like Yela might have a single that will put his name up in lights. Party is available on iTunes now and will appear on Yeller’s upcoming album Trunk Muzik 0-60, a re-release of the DJBooth-sponsored original, complete with seven new songs.
Written by JRTheWriter on 10/14/10
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.