As a child, certain things would always creep me out. For example, mom would tell the Mexican folk legend La Llorena when I wasn’t following the rules. Fast forward to 2010 and I’m playing Yelawolf’s video for Pop The Trunk and my girlfriend leans over and says, “he creeps me out.” Since then I’ve wondered if Yelawolf was looking for that type of effect on people? Well, now we have our answer in Kill My Nightmare, a somewhat ode to Friday the 13th (most rappers drop songs on 4/20, Yela is a different). KMN contains eerie piano riffs and even weirder background noises over which Yelawolf sings, chants, and raps about the several types of nightmares he’s endured throughout the years, saying he’s tired of these nightmares and he has taken control over them. Overall it is an eerie and dark song, but honestly for Yelawolf’s demeanor it fits perfectly and something I’ll be adding to my newest playlist. On another note, anyone remember Are You Afraid Of The Dark? That show was terrifying as an 8-year-old.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!