As a child, certain things would always creep me out. For example, mom would tell the Mexican folk legend La Llorena when I wasn’t following the rules. Fast forward to 2010 and I’m playing Yelawolf’s video for Pop The Trunk and my girlfriend leans over and says, “he creeps me out.” Since then I’ve wondered if Yelawolf was looking for that type of effect on people? Well, now we have our answer in Kill My Nightmare, a somewhat ode to Friday the 13th (most rappers drop songs on 4/20, Yela is a different). KMN contains eerie piano riffs and even weirder background noises over which Yelawolf sings, chants, and raps about the several types of nightmares he’s endured throughout the years, saying he’s tired of these nightmares and he has taken control over them. Overall it is an eerie and dark song, but honestly for Yelawolf’s demeanor it fits perfectly and something I’ll be adding to my newest playlist. On another note, anyone remember Are You Afraid Of The Dark? That show was terrifying as an 8-year-old.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/15/11
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.