Be careful of first appearances. White, slim and heavily tattooed, at first glance YelaWolf looks more like a punk rocker than a rapper, but take one listen to his new track I Wish and it’s clear that his hip-hop roots run deep. YelaWolf first appeared on our pages as part Slim Thug‘s I Run, but Wolf’s making his solo debut on DJBooth.net with I Wish, a banging cut produced by Malay that shows Wolf has the wordplay and delivery to hold a mic next to anyone. If that’s not enough to convince you to give him a fair shot; how about a stamp of approval from Wu-Tang legend Raekwon? It’d be naive to say that in hip-hop how you look doesn’t matter, but on DJBooth what matters more is how you sound. I Wish will come off YelaWolf’s currently untitled and unscheduled next release. Stay tuned to DJBooth for more.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mixing up the Medicine" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.