Be careful of first appearances. White, slim and heavily tattooed, at first glance YelaWolf looks more like a punk rocker than a rapper, but take one listen to his new track I Wish and it’s clear that his hip-hop roots run deep. YelaWolf first appeared on our pages as part Slim Thug‘s I Run, but Wolf’s making his solo debut on DJBooth.net with I Wish, a banging cut produced by Malay that shows Wolf has the wordplay and delivery to hold a mic next to anyone. If that’s not enough to convince you to give him a fair shot; how about a stamp of approval from Wu-Tang legend Raekwon? It’d be naive to say that in hip-hop how you look doesn’t matter, but on DJBooth what matters more is how you sound. I Wish will come off YelaWolf’s currently untitled and unscheduled next release. Stay tuned to DJBooth for more.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/4/09
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mixing up the Medicine" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.