Be careful of first appearances. White, slim and heavily tattooed, at first glance YelaWolf looks more like a punk rocker than a rapper, but take one listen to his new track I Wish and it’s clear that his hip-hop roots run deep. YelaWolf first appeared on our pages as part Slim Thug‘s I Run, but Wolf’s making his solo debut on DJBooth.net with I Wish, a banging cut produced by Malay that shows Wolf has the wordplay and delivery to hold a mic next to anyone. If that’s not enough to convince you to give him a fair shot; how about a stamp of approval from Wu-Tang legend Raekwon? It’d be naive to say that in hip-hop how you look doesn’t matter, but on DJBooth what matters more is how you sound. I Wish will come off YelaWolf’s currently untitled and unscheduled next release. Stay tuned to DJBooth for more.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/4/09
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mixing up the Medicine" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.