YelaWolf has come a long way since he made his debut on the Booth with his defiant breakthrough single I Wish, so far in fact that he’s now releasing an I Wish (Remix). While the remix loses its original Raekwon guest verse, it retains its original hard-rock laced production by Malay and a gains a brand new verse from Yela. Most importantly YelaWolf brings on some fellow Southern emcees to join in on the microphone mayhem, starting with the up-and-coming Pill, who delivers a trademark grimy verse, and newcomer Prince Cyhi, whose “I’ve been fly, my momma gave birth to me on a plane / so I guess you could say I’m airborn.” is either the best or worst line I’ve heard in a minute; frankly I could go either way. Ultimately, as it always does, it comes down to one question: is it better than the original? Well Booth? Is it? While the remix isn’t on Yela’s recent Trunk Muzik mixtape, I Wish, along with a lot more dopeness, definitely is. I highly recommend you download it now.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/27/10
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.