YelaWolf has come a long way since he made his debut on the Booth with his defiant breakthrough single I Wish, so far in fact that he’s now releasing an I Wish (Remix). While the remix loses its original Raekwon guest verse, it retains its original hard-rock laced production by Malay and a gains a brand new verse from Yela. Most importantly YelaWolf brings on some fellow Southern emcees to join in on the microphone mayhem, starting with the up-and-coming Pill, who delivers a trademark grimy verse, and newcomer Prince Cyhi, whose “I’ve been fly, my momma gave birth to me on a plane / so I guess you could say I’m airborn.” is either the best or worst line I’ve heard in a minute; frankly I could go either way. Ultimately, as it always does, it comes down to one question: is it better than the original? Well Booth? Is it? While the remix isn’t on Yela’s recent Trunk Muzik mixtape, I Wish, along with a lot more dopeness, definitely is. I highly recommend you download it now.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/27/10
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.