YelaWolf has come a long way since he made his debut on the Booth with his defiant breakthrough single I Wish, so far in fact that he’s now releasing an I Wish (Remix). While the remix loses its original Raekwon guest verse, it retains its original hard-rock laced production by Malay and a gains a brand new verse from Yela. Most importantly YelaWolf brings on some fellow Southern emcees to join in on the microphone mayhem, starting with the up-and-coming Pill, who delivers a trademark grimy verse, and newcomer Prince Cyhi, whose “I’ve been fly, my momma gave birth to me on a plane / so I guess you could say I’m airborn.” is either the best or worst line I’ve heard in a minute; frankly I could go either way. Ultimately, as it always does, it comes down to one question: is it better than the original? Well Booth? Is it? While the remix isn’t on Yela’s recent Trunk Muzik mixtape, I Wish, along with a lot more dopeness, definitely is. I highly recommend you download it now.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/27/10
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.