YelaWolf has come a long way since he made his debut on the Booth with his defiant breakthrough single I Wish, so far in fact that he’s now releasing an I Wish (Remix). While the remix loses its original Raekwon guest verse, it retains its original hard-rock laced production by Malay and a gains a brand new verse from Yela. Most importantly YelaWolf brings on some fellow Southern emcees to join in on the microphone mayhem, starting with the up-and-coming Pill, who delivers a trademark grimy verse, and newcomer Prince Cyhi, whose “I’ve been fly, my momma gave birth to me on a plane / so I guess you could say I’m airborn.” is either the best or worst line I’ve heard in a minute; frankly I could go either way. Ultimately, as it always does, it comes down to one question: is it better than the original? Well Booth? Is it? While the remix isn’t on Yela’s recent Trunk Muzik mixtape, I Wish, along with a lot more dopeness, definitely is. I highly recommend you download it now.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.