Be careful of first appearances. White, slim and heavily tattooed, at first glance YelaWolf looks more like a punk rocker than a rapper, but take one listen to his new track I Wish and it’s clear that his hip-hop roots run deep. YelaWolf first appeared on our pages as part Slim Thug‘s I Run, but Wolf’s making his solo debut on DJBooth.net with I Wish, a banging cut produced by Malay that shows Wolf has the wordplay and delivery to hold a mic next to anyone. If that’s not enough to convince you to give him a fair shot; how about a stamp of approval from Wu-Tang legend Raekwon? It’d be naive to say that in hip-hop how you look doesn’t matter, but on DJBooth what matters more is how you sound. I Wish will come off YelaWolf’s currently untitled and unscheduled next release. Stay tuned to DJBooth for more.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/4/09
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mixing up the Medicine" (2009)
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.