Whereas your typical rapper might go for Patrón, Hennessey or top-shelf champagne, Yelawolf is more comfortable knocking back a cup of Honey Brown lager. On his latest feature, a promo cut unattached to his major label sophomore set, the Alabama spitter invites “the whole wide world” to join him as he enjoys a beer, just him and his girl. That’s self-contradictory, but it’s tough to care about things like logic when you’re listening to Yela reel off bruising bars over DJ Paul and Malay‘s funky, bass-booming boardwork. Though this joint isn’t attached to a larger set, fans should stay tuned for release details on the upcoming Lovestory LP, which is currently unscheduled.
Written by richard on 06/12/14
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.