Whereas your typical rapper might go for Patrón, Hennessey or top-shelf champagne, Yelawolf is more comfortable knocking back a cup of Honey Brown lager. On his latest feature, a promo cut unattached to his major label sophomore set, the Alabama spitter invites “the whole wide world” to join him as he enjoys a beer, just him and his girl. That’s self-contradictory, but it’s tough to care about things like logic when you’re listening to Yela reel off bruising bars over DJ Paul and Malay‘s funky, bass-booming boardwork. Though this joint isn’t attached to a larger set, fans should stay tuned for release details on the upcoming Lovestory LP, which is currently unscheduled.
Written by richard on 06/12/14
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.