While many rappers would have you believe that they were Gangster since they came out the uterus, the truth is that G’s are largely products of the cold world in which they came up. On Yelawolf‘s latest mixtape single, the follow-up to late February’s F.A.S.T. Ride, the Gadsden, Albama rhymesayer takes a trip down Memory Lane, reflecting on the social, economic and cultural circumstances that made him into a rapper, and his childhood best friend into a criminal. Harlem hitmaker A$AP Rocky and Booth newcomer Big Henry guest, joining the headliner over SupaHot Beats’ slow-rolling street production. For Gangster and more where it came from, check out Yela’s Trunk Muzik Returns street album when it drops this Thursday for free digital download.
Written by richard on 03/13/13
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.