Earlier this month, the Booth’s own DJ Z coined the term “space street banger” to describe the eclectic style Yelawolf and WillPower exhibited on Trunk Muzik Returns lead single Way Out. Now that the Alabama-repping DJBooth fave has unleashed song release numero dos, it’s looking as if that might be a fitting label for the project as a whole. Similar to its predecessor, F.A.S.T. Ride sounds like the kind of sh*t you’d blast at trunk-rattling volume from the bridge of your personal starship. (Granted, it’s unlikely anyone will hear your trunk rattle, given that space is a vacuum.) Here, SupahotBeats’ hazy synth arpeggios and cavernous percussion serve as an incongruous, yet dope backdrop for Southern-fried verses laced with Yela’s trademark, rapid-fire flows. Will you we bumping this “funky-ass sh*t” on your next voyage to Alpha Centauri? If so, you can expect more dope bars and galaxy-rocking beats on the headliner’s next street album, dropping for free via the artist’s official site March 14. In the meantime, fans can still cop the original Trunk Muzik in the Booth.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Yelawolf’s Hideout Pictures LLC-directed F.A.S.T. RIDE visuals.
Written by richard on 03/6/13
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.