Earlier this month, the Booth’s own DJ Z coined the term “space street banger” to describe the eclectic style Yelawolf and WillPower exhibited on Trunk Muzik Returns lead single Way Out. Now that the Alabama-repping DJBooth fave has unleashed song release numero dos, it’s looking as if that might be a fitting label for the project as a whole. Similar to its predecessor, F.A.S.T. Ride sounds like the kind of sh*t you’d blast at trunk-rattling volume from the bridge of your personal starship. (Granted, it’s unlikely anyone will hear your trunk rattle, given that space is a vacuum.) Here, SupahotBeats’ hazy synth arpeggios and cavernous percussion serve as an incongruous, yet dope backdrop for Southern-fried verses laced with Yela’s trademark, rapid-fire flows. Will you we bumping this “funky-ass sh*t” on your next voyage to Alpha Centauri? If so, you can expect more dope bars and galaxy-rocking beats on the headliner’s next street album, dropping for free via the artist’s official site March 14. In the meantime, fans can still cop the original Trunk Muzik in the Booth.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Yelawolf’s Hideout Pictures LLC-directed F.A.S.T. RIDE visuals.
Written by richard on 03/6/13
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.