Earlier this month, the Booth’s own DJ Z coined the term “space street banger” to describe the eclectic style Yelawolf and WillPower exhibited on Trunk Muzik Returns lead single Way Out. Now that the Alabama-repping DJBooth fave has unleashed song release numero dos, it’s looking as if that might be a fitting label for the project as a whole. Similar to its predecessor, F.A.S.T. Ride sounds like the kind of sh*t you’d blast at trunk-rattling volume from the bridge of your personal starship. (Granted, it’s unlikely anyone will hear your trunk rattle, given that space is a vacuum.) Here, SupahotBeats’ hazy synth arpeggios and cavernous percussion serve as an incongruous, yet dope backdrop for Southern-fried verses laced with Yela’s trademark, rapid-fire flows. Will you we bumping this “funky-ass sh*t” on your next voyage to Alpha Centauri? If so, you can expect more dope bars and galaxy-rocking beats on the headliner’s next street album, dropping for free via the artist’s official site March 14. In the meantime, fans can still cop the original Trunk Muzik in the Booth.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Yelawolf’s Hideout Pictures LLC-directed F.A.S.T. RIDE visuals.
Written by richard on 03/6/13
Back on January 1, 2010, The DJBooth hosted Trunk Muzik, an independently-released street album from an Alabama emcee named Yelawolf. Fast forward 50 or so features over three plus years and the artist born Michael Wayne...
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.