A lot of critics of Yelawolf’s debut album Radioactive, myself not included, were disappointed that Catfish Billy didn’t make fourteen different versions of Pop the Trunk, but Yela’s never been one to listen to the critics; those same purists may just hyperventilate when they hear he’s working with a UK singer! Relax people, while Yela and Ed Sheeran’s first song together, You Don’t Know (For F**k’s Sake) isn’t your usual rappity rap, it still bears the Yelawolf stamp of quality. Sheeran pulls double duty on You Don’t Know, teaming up with co-producer Jake Gosling (no relation to Ryan) to craft a slowly snapping and supremely smooth beat he lays over with rhythmic vocals that have some soul. That smoky tempo is juxtaposed against Yela’s double time flow as the Shady Records representative continues to demonstrate the versatility of his flow. If you feel your blood pressure rising just reading this, by all means, click away. The rest of us will keep an eager ear out of Yelawolf and Sheeran’s joint EP, The Slumdon Bridge (get it?), set to drop sometime in February.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/24/12
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.