A lot of critics of Yelawolf’s debut album Radioactive, myself not included, were disappointed that Catfish Billy didn’t make fourteen different versions of Pop the Trunk, but Yela’s never been one to listen to the critics; those same purists may just hyperventilate when they hear he’s working with a UK singer! Relax people, while Yela and Ed Sheeran’s first song together, You Don’t Know (For F**k’s Sake) isn’t your usual rappity rap, it still bears the Yelawolf stamp of quality. Sheeran pulls double duty on You Don’t Know, teaming up with co-producer Jake Gosling (no relation to Ryan) to craft a slowly snapping and supremely smooth beat he lays over with rhythmic vocals that have some soul. That smoky tempo is juxtaposed against Yela’s double time flow as the Shady Records representative continues to demonstrate the versatility of his flow. If you feel your blood pressure rising just reading this, by all means, click away. The rest of us will keep an eager ear out of Yelawolf and Sheeran’s joint EP, The Slumdon Bridge (get it?), set to drop sometime in February.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/24/12
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.