A lot of critics of Yelawolf’s debut album Radioactive, myself not included, were disappointed that Catfish Billy didn’t make fourteen different versions of Pop the Trunk, but Yela’s never been one to listen to the critics; those same purists may just hyperventilate when they hear he’s working with a UK singer! Relax people, while Yela and Ed Sheeran’s first song together, You Don’t Know (For F**k’s Sake) isn’t your usual rappity rap, it still bears the Yelawolf stamp of quality. Sheeran pulls double duty on You Don’t Know, teaming up with co-producer Jake Gosling (no relation to Ryan) to craft a slowly snapping and supremely smooth beat he lays over with rhythmic vocals that have some soul. That smoky tempo is juxtaposed against Yela’s double time flow as the Shady Records representative continues to demonstrate the versatility of his flow. If you feel your blood pressure rising just reading this, by all means, click away. The rest of us will keep an eager ear out of Yelawolf and Sheeran’s joint EP, The Slumdon Bridge (get it?), set to drop sometime in February.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/24/12
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)