A lot of critics of Yelawolf’s debut album Radioactive, myself not included, were disappointed that Catfish Billy didn’t make fourteen different versions of Pop the Trunk, but Yela’s never been one to listen to the critics; those same purists may just hyperventilate when they hear he’s working with a UK singer! Relax people, while Yela and Ed Sheeran’s first song together, You Don’t Know (For F**k’s Sake) isn’t your usual rappity rap, it still bears the Yelawolf stamp of quality. Sheeran pulls double duty on You Don’t Know, teaming up with co-producer Jake Gosling (no relation to Ryan) to craft a slowly snapping and supremely smooth beat he lays over with rhythmic vocals that have some soul. That smoky tempo is juxtaposed against Yela’s double time flow as the Shady Records representative continues to demonstrate the versatility of his flow. If you feel your blood pressure rising just reading this, by all means, click away. The rest of us will keep an eager ear out of Yelawolf and Sheeran’s joint EP, The Slumdon Bridge (get it?), set to drop sometime in February.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.