Not up to speed on Yelawolf‘s Box Chevy saga? Here’s a quick summary, so you can jump right into part 5: the Alabama native had a classic Chevrolet back in the day, which he f**king loved. As he got richer, he bought a whole grip more of them, and… yeah, that about covers it. Single numero uno off Yela’s long-awaited sophomore album, the series’ latest installment departs from the spacey production and introspective lyrics of its immediate precedecessor to offer a more classic Box Chevy experience. Constant collaborator Will Power‘s scintillating synth arpeggios and leisurely drums set the mood as Yela cruises along in his favorite whip, reflecting with satisfaction on the course of his career to date. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh singles leading up to the release of Yelawolf’s Love Story LP via Shady Records later this year.
Update: We have added the Potsy Ponciroli-directed visuals for Yelawolf’s Box Chevy 5 single.
Written by richard on 04/4/14
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.