Not up to speed on Yelawolf‘s Box Chevy saga? Here’s a quick summary, so you can jump right into part 5: the Alabama native had a classic Chevrolet back in the day, which he f**king loved. As he got richer, he bought a whole grip more of them, and… yeah, that about covers it. Single numero uno off Yela’s long-awaited sophomore album, the series’ latest installment departs from the spacey production and introspective lyrics of its immediate precedecessor to offer a more classic Box Chevy experience. Constant collaborator Will Power‘s scintillating synth arpeggios and leisurely drums set the mood as Yela cruises along in his favorite whip, reflecting with satisfaction on the course of his career to date. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh singles leading up to the release of Yelawolf’s Love Story LP via Shady Records later this year.
Update: We have added the Potsy Ponciroli-directed visuals for Yelawolf’s Box Chevy 5 single.
Written by richard on 04/4/14
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.