Not up to speed on Yelawolf‘s Box Chevy saga? Here’s a quick summary, so you can jump right into part 5: the Alabama native had a classic Chevrolet back in the day, which he f**king loved. As he got richer, he bought a whole grip more of them, and… yeah, that about covers it. Single numero uno off Yela’s long-awaited sophomore album, the series’ latest installment departs from the spacey production and introspective lyrics of its immediate precedecessor to offer a more classic Box Chevy experience. Constant collaborator Will Power‘s scintillating synth arpeggios and leisurely drums set the mood as Yela cruises along in his favorite whip, reflecting with satisfaction on the course of his career to date. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh singles leading up to the release of Yelawolf’s Love Story LP via Shady Records later this year.
Update: We have added the Potsy Ponciroli-directed visuals for Yelawolf’s Box Chevy 5 single.
Written by richard on 04/4/14
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.