Not to toot our own horn, but you can add another name to the list of heavily Booth-supported artists to hit the big league: freestyle series alum, recent interview subject, and all-around nice guy Yelawolf has snagged a major deal with Interscope. Though he only just sprinted past that massive milestone, the Arkansas rapper isn’t winded – on the contrary, Cypress Hill freestyle Ain’t Goin Out Like That the inaugural leak off Peter Rosenberg‘s forthcoming mixtape, finds him in fighting form. Can Yela lace driving, old-school production like this classic, DJ Muggs-produced beat with rhymes as fresh as we’ve heard him spit over more typically Southern boardwork? You’d better believe it; dropping line after line of off-the-wall braggadocio in a heavily-syncopated flow, Catfish Billy impresses yet again. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked for more on The Uprising (coming “soon”), as well as, of course, all the latest from Yelawolf.
Written by richard on 04/15/10
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.