Not to toot our own horn, but you can add another name to the list of heavily Booth-supported artists to hit the big league: freestyle series alum, recent interview subject, and all-around nice guy Yelawolf has snagged a major deal with Interscope. Though he only just sprinted past that massive milestone, the Arkansas rapper isn’t winded – on the contrary, Cypress Hill freestyle Ain’t Goin Out Like That the inaugural leak off Peter Rosenberg‘s forthcoming mixtape, finds him in fighting form. Can Yela lace driving, old-school production like this classic, DJ Muggs-produced beat with rhymes as fresh as we’ve heard him spit over more typically Southern boardwork? You’d better believe it; dropping line after line of off-the-wall braggadocio in a heavily-syncopated flow, Catfish Billy impresses yet again. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked for more on The Uprising (coming “soon”), as well as, of course, all the latest from Yelawolf.
Written by richard on 04/15/10
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.