Thought you could live without the smooth musical stylings of Ye Ali and Lyfe Harris? You thought wrong. On a freshly-released outtake from the former’s debut street release, the Vintage Club colleagues tell us in no uncertain terms: “You Need Me” It’s a bold statement, but I have a feeling Booth readers won’t be inclined to argue; as they deliver suave sung and rapped bars over a dreamy synth beat by The Aquadice, the collaborators exhibit a fresh, atmospheric style that’s all their own. While this joint, as mentioned above, is not part of a larger set, those feeling it are sure to find more to their liking on Ali’s Art x Drugs LP, available for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"LOUD (Remixxx)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.