Thought you could live without the smooth musical stylings of Ye Ali and Lyfe Harris? You thought wrong. On a freshly-released outtake from the former’s debut street release, the Vintage Club colleagues tell us in no uncertain terms: “You Need Me” It’s a bold statement, but I have a feeling Booth readers won’t be inclined to argue; as they deliver suave sung and rapped bars over a dreamy synth beat by The Aquadice, the collaborators exhibit a fresh, atmospheric style that’s all their own. While this joint, as mentioned above, is not part of a larger set, those feeling it are sure to find more to their liking on Ali’s Art x Drugs LP, available for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"LOUD (Remixxx)" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)