Thought you could live without the smooth musical stylings of Ye Ali and Lyfe Harris? You thought wrong. On a freshly-released outtake from the former’s debut street release, the Vintage Club colleagues tell us in no uncertain terms: “You Need Me” It’s a bold statement, but I have a feeling Booth readers won’t be inclined to argue; as they deliver suave sung and rapped bars over a dreamy synth beat by The Aquadice, the collaborators exhibit a fresh, atmospheric style that’s all their own. While this joint, as mentioned above, is not part of a larger set, those feeling it are sure to find more to their liking on Ali’s Art x Drugs LP, available for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"LOUD (Remixxx)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.