Thought you could live without the smooth musical stylings of Ye Ali and Lyfe Harris? You thought wrong. On a freshly-released outtake from the former’s debut street release, the Vintage Club colleagues tell us in no uncertain terms: “You Need Me” It’s a bold statement, but I have a feeling Booth readers won’t be inclined to argue; as they deliver suave sung and rapped bars over a dreamy synth beat by The Aquadice, the collaborators exhibit a fresh, atmospheric style that’s all their own. While this joint, as mentioned above, is not part of a larger set, those feeling it are sure to find more to their liking on Ali’s Art x Drugs LP, available for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"LOUD (Remixxx)" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.