Contrary to what its title may suggest, the first Booth feature from independent buzzmakers Lyfe Harris and Ye Ali sounds just as good playing in headphones at a reasonable volume as it would blaring from the speakers in your whip. Whichever scenario you choose, though, it wouldn’t hurt to roll up some LOUD before you hit play; the cut’s hazy vibe makes it perfectly suited for blunted listening. The official remix—sorry, Remixxx—of a single released to the ‘net earlier this year, this freshly-released LP inclusion finds the Vintage Club colleagues joined on the mic by Indianapolis folk/pop artist Myah Evans. Her effortlessly smooth vocals, delivered over Quran Jones’ slow-burning synth soundscape, render this rendition even more immersive than its prototype. Fans will be able to find LOUD (Remixxx) and much more on the crew’s Art x Drugs LP, scheduled for release before the end of the calender year.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Reasons" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.