Contrary to what its title may suggest, the first Booth feature from independent buzzmakers Lyfe Harris and Ye Ali sounds just as good playing in headphones at a reasonable volume as it would blaring from the speakers in your whip. Whichever scenario you choose, though, it wouldn’t hurt to roll up some LOUD before you hit play; the cut’s hazy vibe makes it perfectly suited for blunted listening. The official remix—sorry, Remixxx—of a single released to the ‘net earlier this year, this freshly-released LP inclusion finds the Vintage Club colleagues joined on the mic by Indianapolis folk/pop artist Myah Evans. Her effortlessly smooth vocals, delivered over Quran Jones’ slow-burning synth soundscape, render this rendition even more immersive than its prototype. Fans will be able to find LOUD (Remixxx) and much more on the crew’s Art x Drugs LP, scheduled for release before the end of the calender year.
Written by richard on 11/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Reasons" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.