Given that Ye Ali and Lyfe Harris have only been featured once in the Booth to date, there is much that still remains a mystery about the Chicago-based artists. On the follow-up to the reader-acclaimed LOUD (Remixxx), they continue to play their cards close to the chest, while assuring us that there’s a method to the madness. As Harris puts it on his eminently smooth sung hook, “I’ve got My Reasons.” Kai Beatz handles production duties this time around, cooking up a mellow, yet vibrant “Trillwave” backdrop for Ali and his partner’s vocal interplay. Has this atmospheric joint left you hungry for more? You don’t have long to wait; new street album Art x Drugs drops digitally tomorrow, at which point it will be available for free streaming and download right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"LOUD (Remixxx)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.