Given that Ye Ali and Lyfe Harris have only been featured once in the Booth to date, there is much that still remains a mystery about the Chicago-based artists. On the follow-up to the reader-acclaimed LOUD (Remixxx), they continue to play their cards close to the chest, while assuring us that there’s a method to the madness. As Harris puts it on his eminently smooth sung hook, “I’ve got My Reasons.” Kai Beatz handles production duties this time around, cooking up a mellow, yet vibrant “Trillwave” backdrop for Ali and his partner’s vocal interplay. Has this atmospheric joint left you hungry for more? You don’t have long to wait; new street album Art x Drugs drops digitally tomorrow, at which point it will be available for free streaming and download right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/20/14
Moroccan-born, Chicago-based emcee Ye Ali has unleashed his debut project, the Art x Drugs LP. The album packs a total of 12 original tracks from the buzzmaking rapper, including single "LOUD" (featured on our pages in a...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"LOUD (Remixxx)" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.