Given that Ye Ali and Lyfe Harris have only been featured once in the Booth to date, there is much that still remains a mystery about the Chicago-based artists. On the follow-up to the reader-acclaimed LOUD (Remixxx), they continue to play their cards close to the chest, while assuring us that there’s a method to the madness. As Harris puts it on his eminently smooth sung hook, “I’ve got My Reasons.” Kai Beatz handles production duties this time around, cooking up a mellow, yet vibrant “Trillwave” backdrop for Ali and his partner’s vocal interplay. Has this atmospheric joint left you hungry for more? You don’t have long to wait; new street album Art x Drugs drops digitally tomorrow, at which point it will be available for free streaming and download right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"LOUD (Remixxx)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.