Given that Ye Ali and Lyfe Harris have only been featured once in the Booth to date, there is much that still remains a mystery about the Chicago-based artists. On the follow-up to the reader-acclaimed LOUD (Remixxx), they continue to play their cards close to the chest, while assuring us that there’s a method to the madness. As Harris puts it on his eminently smooth sung hook, “I’ve got My Reasons.” Kai Beatz handles production duties this time around, cooking up a mellow, yet vibrant “Trillwave” backdrop for Ali and his partner’s vocal interplay. Has this atmospheric joint left you hungry for more? You don’t have long to wait; new street album Art x Drugs drops digitally tomorrow, at which point it will be available for free streaming and download right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"LOUD (Remixxx)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.