Given that Ye Ali and Lyfe Harris have only been featured once in the Booth to date, there is much that still remains a mystery about the Chicago-based artists. On the follow-up to the reader-acclaimed LOUD (Remixxx), they continue to play their cards close to the chest, while assuring us that there’s a method to the madness. As Harris puts it on his eminently smooth sung hook, “I’ve got My Reasons.” Kai Beatz handles production duties this time around, cooking up a mellow, yet vibrant “Trillwave” backdrop for Ali and his partner’s vocal interplay. Has this atmospheric joint left you hungry for more? You don’t have long to wait; new street album Art x Drugs drops digitally tomorrow, at which point it will be available for free streaming and download right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"LOUD (Remixxx)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.