Being (or thinking you are) God ain’t all it’s cracked up to be. Sure, you have awesome powers, but you’ve also got the Heaviest Cross to bear. Having tackled the positive side of deityhood on his lead mixtape single, South Bronx spitter YC the Cynic dedicates the latest release off the project to the job’s more disheartening side. Over Frank Duke‘s lumbering, brass-laced rhythm section, the rapper bemoans the lack of appreciation he receives for his magnanimity: “I’m only expanding the human brain / I only brought love to the human race. / I only brought joy to the underpaid / Your website rating was under eight?!” Frequent collaborator Oliver Eid returns to direct the joint’s official visuals. If you agree that YC isn’t getting the praise and worship he deserves, show him a little love in the comments section—and, of course, pick up a copy of his recently-released GNK LP.
Written by richard on 09/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Superman" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.