A good number of artists put on a lavish display in their videos or live performance, but for most indie emcees on a budget, money is simply too valuable to be spent on new kicks or thrown at strippers. For example, take YC The Cynic; despite his immeasurable talent, he and Frank Drake created a Kickstarter campaign in order to help offset the costs of their forthcoming album, GNK. Luckily, for everyone, the two reached their fundraising goal and as a thank you to all, YC brings us freebie Hallelujah. Though it won’t make the album, this DJ Illanoiz produced cut should give fans an idea of what to expect when it drops this summer. Cynic captivates with a powerful flow, which is highlighted by an interesting vocal that has a slight non-New York (his hometown) accent to it. Backed by a haunting production, one that features a chopped angelic sample and a flaky drum beat, YC should have those praying for a dose of authentic hip-hop saying Hallelujah.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Superman" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.