A good number of artists put on a lavish display in their videos or live performance, but for most indie emcees on a budget, money is simply too valuable to be spent on new kicks or thrown at strippers. For example, take YC The Cynic; despite his immeasurable talent, he and Frank Drake created a Kickstarter campaign in order to help offset the costs of their forthcoming album, GNK. Luckily, for everyone, the two reached their fundraising goal and as a thank you to all, YC brings us freebie Hallelujah. Though it won’t make the album, this DJ Illanoiz produced cut should give fans an idea of what to expect when it drops this summer. Cynic captivates with a powerful flow, which is highlighted by an interesting vocal that has a slight non-New York (his hometown) accent to it. Backed by a haunting production, one that features a chopped angelic sample and a flaky drum beat, YC should have those praying for a dose of authentic hip-hop saying Hallelujah.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Superman" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.