A good number of artists put on a lavish display in their videos or live performance, but for most indie emcees on a budget, money is simply too valuable to be spent on new kicks or thrown at strippers. For example, take YC The Cynic; despite his immeasurable talent, he and Frank Drake created a Kickstarter campaign in order to help offset the costs of their forthcoming album, GNK. Luckily, for everyone, the two reached their fundraising goal and as a thank you to all, YC brings us freebie Hallelujah. Though it won’t make the album, this DJ Illanoiz produced cut should give fans an idea of what to expect when it drops this summer. Cynic captivates with a powerful flow, which is highlighted by an interesting vocal that has a slight non-New York (his hometown) accent to it. Backed by a haunting production, one that features a chopped angelic sample and a flaky drum beat, YC should have those praying for a dose of authentic hip-hop saying Hallelujah.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Superman" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.