Is it Opposite Day or something? Uh… never mind; I’m pretty sure there’s no possibility of getting a straight answer to that question. The point I’m getting around to is that Bronx up-and-comer YC The Cynic may want to think about changing his stage name to “YC The Optimist,” because his latest single, Summertime High, is about as far from “bitterly or sneeringly distrustful, contemptuous, or pessimistic” as it gets – in fact, it’s pretty damned upbeat. Backed by the sun-drenched, lushly-arranged soul-sample production of J Free, this “new summer anthem” finds the man who brought us Say Superman celebrating everything that’s wonderful about warm weather: lemonade, leisurely drives through the city streets, lazy days spent at the beach and (especially) beautiful, half-dressed females. Has this head-noddable track brightened your day? Well then, keep it locked – YC the Cynic’s latest street album, The Spectacle, isn’t set to drop till fall, but we’ll be sure to bring you all the latest in the meantime.
Listen to More: YC the Cynic
Written by richard on 07/20/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Superman" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)