When a rapper finds himself unpredictably alone with one of his groupies, the inevitable result is that she will Stay The Night. Just ask San Francisco reppa’ Ya Boy, who spent a whole day with one of his outrageous female fans. Unbelievably, as Ya Boy explains in the song, the pestering groupie got so annoying that he ended up bringing her along on tour just to keep her quiet. While that story isn’t exactly a classic, major style points go to producer David Foster, who interpolates Chicago‘s classic of the same name. Long overdue for some props and a major label meal ticket, Stay The Night might just get Ya Boy into bed with the right people. Well, that’s if he cuts ties with K-Fed…
Written by Burmy on 02/28/08
Submit your Rating
Black Card Muzik/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla At Ya Boy ft. Dre" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.