Every rap artist has at least one groupie. Most groupies are after fame, fortune, and sex; but there are some who simply have a resounding and stalker-like appreciation for the quality of music an artist releases. For example, San Francisco’s Ya Boy is new to the rap scene and in 2008 plans to release an independent self-titled EP. In order to turn the buzz from his project towards the attention radar of the major labels, Ya Boy claims that he Need A Groupie. With an attitude like The Game and a delivery-style similar to Rick Ross, Ya Boy will be sure to see female groupies flocking in his direction. Confident and talented, Ya Boy seems to know the business; “come sign these papers first, you ain’t gon sue me girl.”
Listen to More: Ya Boy
Written by DJ Z on 12/9/07
Black Card Muzik/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla At Ya Boy ft. Dre" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.