The most-employed boast in rap music today can be summed up in three words: I Get Money. To nail that point home a little further, last year featured three artists (Lil’ Flip, Rick Ross, and of course 50 Cent) who flat-out titled their singles “I Get Money.” Bringing some ’08 freshness to the topic is San Francisco-native Ya Boy, who uses the old-fashioned “I hustle product” to help describe his healthy and growing bankroll. Adding some kaboom is fellow West Coaster, Eastwood (who hails from Inglewood); bold enough to say he’d still be “fly” even if he was broke. With a Meech Wells and The Soul Mechanix’ violin beat (knock knock, Dr. Dre), this I Get Money tale is placed together as tight as a rubber band around a stack of dough.
Written by Burmy on 01/7/08
Submit your Rating
Black Card Muzik/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla At Ya Boy ft. Dre" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.