The most-employed boast in rap music today can be summed up in three words: I Get Money. To nail that point home a little further, last year featured three artists (Lil’ Flip, Rick Ross, and of course 50 Cent) who flat-out titled their singles “I Get Money.” Bringing some ’08 freshness to the topic is San Francisco-native Ya Boy, who uses the old-fashioned “I hustle product” to help describe his healthy and growing bankroll. Adding some kaboom is fellow West Coaster, Eastwood (who hails from Inglewood); bold enough to say he’d still be “fly” even if he was broke. With a Meech Wells and The Soul Mechanix’ violin beat (knock knock, Dr. Dre), this I Get Money tale is placed together as tight as a rubber band around a stack of dough.
Written by Burmy on 01/7/08
Submit your Rating
Black Card Muzik/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla At Ya Boy ft. Dre" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.