The most-employed boast in rap music today can be summed up in three words: I Get Money. To nail that point home a little further, last year featured three artists (Lil’ Flip, Rick Ross, and of course 50 Cent) who flat-out titled their singles “I Get Money.” Bringing some ’08 freshness to the topic is San Francisco-native Ya Boy, who uses the old-fashioned “I hustle product” to help describe his healthy and growing bankroll. Adding some kaboom is fellow West Coaster, Eastwood (who hails from Inglewood); bold enough to say he’d still be “fly” even if he was broke. With a Meech Wells and The Soul Mechanix’ violin beat (knock knock, Dr. Dre), this I Get Money tale is placed together as tight as a rubber band around a stack of dough.
Written by Burmy on 01/7/08
Black Card Muzik/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla At Ya Boy ft. Dre" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.