The most-employed boast in rap music today can be summed up in three words: I Get Money. To nail that point home a little further, last year featured three artists (Lil’ Flip, Rick Ross, and of course 50 Cent) who flat-out titled their singles “I Get Money.” Bringing some ’08 freshness to the topic is San Francisco-native Ya Boy, who uses the old-fashioned “I hustle product” to help describe his healthy and growing bankroll. Adding some kaboom is fellow West Coaster, Eastwood (who hails from Inglewood); bold enough to say he’d still be “fly” even if he was broke. With a Meech Wells and The Soul Mechanix’ violin beat (knock knock, Dr. Dre), this I Get Money tale is placed together as tight as a rubber band around a stack of dough.
Written by Burmy on 01/7/08
Submit your Rating
Black Card Muzik/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla At Ya Boy ft. Dre" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.