The most-employed boast in rap music today can be summed up in three words: I Get Money. To nail that point home a little further, last year featured three artists (Lil’ Flip, Rick Ross, and of course 50 Cent) who flat-out titled their singles “I Get Money.” Bringing some ’08 freshness to the topic is San Francisco-native Ya Boy, who uses the old-fashioned “I hustle product” to help describe his healthy and growing bankroll. Adding some kaboom is fellow West Coaster, Eastwood (who hails from Inglewood); bold enough to say he’d still be “fly” even if he was broke. With a Meech Wells and The Soul Mechanix’ violin beat (knock knock, Dr. Dre), this I Get Money tale is placed together as tight as a rubber band around a stack of dough.
Written by Burmy on 01/7/08
Black Card Muzik/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla At Ya Boy ft. Dre" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.