Though the Shop Boyz have fallen off the national radar, hip-hop’s Rockstar fixation is back in full effect; this time, however, it’s Lil Wayne who’s spearheading the movement (in addition to co-signing Kevin Rudolf, he’s releasing the autotune-rock album Rebirth on May 19). Ready to hop on the bandwagon is San Francisco’s Ya Boy, who’s preparing to release a new mixtape entitled Mohawks & Heavy Metal. The only thing that could be considered “rock” about Oh My! is Chinky P and Pete G‘s synth-organ beat, which incorporates a sample of Weezy’s verse on Freeky Zeeky‘s This Girl; Ya Boy’s verses, on the other hand, tell a typical tale of a close encounter in the club. Nonetheless, listeners can expect some authentic rock sounds on the forthcoming street album, which currently has no set release date.
Written by Burmy on 02/23/09
Submit your Rating
Black Card Muzik/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla At Ya Boy ft. Dre" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.