Though the Shop Boyz have fallen off the national radar, hip-hop’s Rockstar fixation is back in full effect; this time, however, it’s Lil Wayne who’s spearheading the movement (in addition to co-signing Kevin Rudolf, he’s releasing the autotune-rock album Rebirth on May 19). Ready to hop on the bandwagon is San Francisco’s Ya Boy, who’s preparing to release a new mixtape entitled Mohawks & Heavy Metal. The only thing that could be considered “rock” about Oh My! is Chinky P and Pete G‘s synth-organ beat, which incorporates a sample of Weezy’s verse on Freeky Zeeky‘s This Girl; Ya Boy’s verses, on the other hand, tell a typical tale of a close encounter in the club. Nonetheless, listeners can expect some authentic rock sounds on the forthcoming street album, which currently has no set release date.
Written by Burmy on 02/23/09
Submit your Rating
Black Card Muzik/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla At Ya Boy ft. Dre" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.