Though the Shop Boyz have fallen off the national radar, hip-hop’s Rockstar fixation is back in full effect; this time, however, it’s Lil Wayne who’s spearheading the movement (in addition to co-signing Kevin Rudolf, he’s releasing the autotune-rock album Rebirth on May 19). Ready to hop on the bandwagon is San Francisco’s Ya Boy, who’s preparing to release a new mixtape entitled Mohawks & Heavy Metal. The only thing that could be considered “rock” about Oh My! is Chinky P and Pete G‘s synth-organ beat, which incorporates a sample of Weezy’s verse on Freeky Zeeky‘s This Girl; Ya Boy’s verses, on the other hand, tell a typical tale of a close encounter in the club. Nonetheless, listeners can expect some authentic rock sounds on the forthcoming street album, which currently has no set release date.
Written by Burmy on 02/23/09
Black Card Muzik/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla At Ya Boy ft. Dre" (2007)
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.