Though the Shop Boyz have fallen off the national radar, hip-hop’s Rockstar fixation is back in full effect; this time, however, it’s Lil Wayne who’s spearheading the movement (in addition to co-signing Kevin Rudolf, he’s releasing the autotune-rock album Rebirth on May 19). Ready to hop on the bandwagon is San Francisco’s Ya Boy, who’s preparing to release a new mixtape entitled Mohawks & Heavy Metal. The only thing that could be considered “rock” about Oh My! is Chinky P and Pete G‘s synth-organ beat, which incorporates a sample of Weezy’s verse on Freeky Zeeky‘s This Girl; Ya Boy’s verses, on the other hand, tell a typical tale of a close encounter in the club. Nonetheless, listeners can expect some authentic rock sounds on the forthcoming street album, which currently has no set release date.
Written by Burmy on 02/23/09
Black Card Muzik/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla At Ya Boy ft. Dre" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)