Though the Shop Boyz have fallen off the national radar, hip-hop’s Rockstar fixation is back in full effect; this time, however, it’s Lil Wayne who’s spearheading the movement (in addition to co-signing Kevin Rudolf, he’s releasing the autotune-rock album Rebirth on May 19). Ready to hop on the bandwagon is San Francisco’s Ya Boy, who’s preparing to release a new mixtape entitled Mohawks & Heavy Metal. The only thing that could be considered “rock” about Oh My! is Chinky P and Pete G‘s synth-organ beat, which incorporates a sample of Weezy’s verse on Freeky Zeeky‘s This Girl; Ya Boy’s verses, on the other hand, tell a typical tale of a close encounter in the club. Nonetheless, listeners can expect some authentic rock sounds on the forthcoming street album, which currently has no set release date.
Written by Burmy on 02/23/09
Submit your Rating
Black Card Muzik/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla At Ya Boy ft. Dre" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.