The biggest “thing” in San Francisco is Barry Bonds. Coming in a close second though is Bay Area rapper, Ya Boy. After releasing the single, Holla At Ya Boy, everyone but Ya Boy’s home state of California turned their heads. Produced by A-listers Cool & Dre, the beat is banging and the delivery is quite engaging. Minor issue though, Ya Boy seems to be quite a hypocrite. His verses exclaim how different he is from the competition, but in reality his lyrical content is on par with _______ (fill in the blank). Look for his self-titled debut EP to drop before the end of the year.
Written by DJ Z on 08/9/07
Submit your Rating
Black Card Muzik/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Need A Groupie" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.