A blue moon, a total eclipse, the sighting of a black swan, all rare and noteworthy events. But the return of veteran emcee Xzibit to rap after four years spent pimping rides, acting and being the butt of countless “Yo Dawg” jokes? Now that is a Phenomenon you’d be lucky to glimpse once in a lifetime. With the release of the official lead single off his long-awaited MMX LP (due out later this year), X to the Z makes his comeback official. Here, the simmering synth arpeggios and strings of producer Rising Sun set a suitably street-ready mood as the artist informs us just how serious he is about once again taking over the game: “Move out the path of the lava, move in position to conquer / You have created a monster, wake up and crawl out the coffin…” Backing him up are two equally hard-bitten cohorts – fellow Left Coaster Kurupt and Texan emcee 40 Glocc jump on board to offer some moral support on the guest tip. Is this single, well, phenomenal enough to stir up the buzz Xzibit needs? If you think so, be sure to cop the download when it hits iTunes next Tuesday, May 25.
Written by richard on 05/20/10
Submit your Rating
Open Bar Entertainment/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.