Some artists may be content with merely standing in front of a green screen that has the ability to place them in any dangerous setting of their choosing, but West Coast veteran rapper Xzibit aimed for something more genuine with his latest music video. With Napalm, the emcee quite literally heads into the battlefield. Before the Matt Alonzo-directed video begins viewers are informed that the video was shot while Xzibit was touring for our troupes in Iraq. From there we are treated to ultra gritty visuals and a rock-tinged audio backdrop, which comes courtesy of producer 1500 or Nothin’ and drummer Travis Barker. Napalm serves as a small sample of what can be expected on the DJBooth fave’s forthcoming studio album, which is set for wide-release on October 9.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/12/12
With a full six years of acting, ride-pimping, motor sports and other extracurricular activities under his belt, Xzibit makes his grand re-entrance into the music game with the release of his seventh studio album. The...
Open Bar Entertainment/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.