Some artists may be content with merely standing in front of a green screen that has the ability to place them in any dangerous setting of their choosing, but West Coast veteran rapper Xzibit aimed for something more genuine with his latest music video. With Napalm, the emcee quite literally heads into the battlefield. Before the Matt Alonzo-directed video begins viewers are informed that the video was shot while Xzibit was touring for our troupes in Iraq. From there we are treated to ultra gritty visuals and a rock-tinged audio backdrop, which comes courtesy of producer 1500 or Nothin’ and drummer Travis Barker. Napalm serves as a small sample of what can be expected on the DJBooth fave’s forthcoming studio album, which is set for wide-release on October 9.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/12/12
Open Bar Entertainment/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.