Some artists may be content with merely standing in front of a green screen that has the ability to place them in any dangerous setting of their choosing, but West Coast veteran rapper Xzibit aimed for something more genuine with his latest music video. With Napalm, the emcee quite literally heads into the battlefield. Before the Matt Alonzo-directed video begins viewers are informed that the video was shot while Xzibit was touring for our troupes in Iraq. From there we are treated to ultra gritty visuals and a rock-tinged audio backdrop, which comes courtesy of producer 1500 or Nothin’ and drummer Travis Barker. Napalm serves as a small sample of what can be expected on the DJBooth fave’s forthcoming studio album, which is set for wide-release on October 9.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/12/12
Submit your Rating
Open Bar Entertainment/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.