If you’re suffering from sub-par skills, don’t go crying to Xzibit—sucker emcees expecting a “There, there” will get nothing but a big fat “So What?” from the West Coast rapper/actor/ride-pimper. Premiered recently on 2DopeBoyz.com, the first official leak off Mr. Grustle & Tha Russian’s Dubstep LA: Embrace The Renaissance (Vol. 1) mixtape sees X leveling one colossal sneer at the rest of the game, delivering dis after bilious dis over D1‘s grimy, bass-booming beat. The L.A. native’s forcefully-flowed trash talk comes sandwiched between equally aggressive bars from Y-O and Thurzday of Inglewood duo U-N-I, and, while Spongebob Squarepants references may not exactly scream “street,” the Booth-acclaimed twosome come with enough blunted braggadocio and witty wordplay to ensure that this cut gets much more than an indifferent “So What?” from our regulars. If you like what you’re hearing, stay tuned for release details on Embrace the Renaissance—the Cashmere Agency-presented street album is set to hit the ‘net “soon.”
Written by richard on 09/2/09
Submit your Rating
Open Bar Entertainment/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)