If you’re suffering from sub-par skills, don’t go crying to Xzibit—sucker emcees expecting a “There, there” will get nothing but a big fat “So What?” from the West Coast rapper/actor/ride-pimper. Premiered recently on 2DopeBoyz.com, the first official leak off Mr. Grustle & Tha Russian’s Dubstep LA: Embrace The Renaissance (Vol. 1) mixtape sees X leveling one colossal sneer at the rest of the game, delivering dis after bilious dis over D1‘s grimy, bass-booming beat. The L.A. native’s forcefully-flowed trash talk comes sandwiched between equally aggressive bars from Y-O and Thurzday of Inglewood duo U-N-I, and, while Spongebob Squarepants references may not exactly scream “street,” the Booth-acclaimed twosome come with enough blunted braggadocio and witty wordplay to ensure that this cut gets much more than an indifferent “So What?” from our regulars. If you like what you’re hearing, stay tuned for release details on Embrace the Renaissance—the Cashmere Agency-presented street album is set to hit the ‘net “soon.”
Written by richard on 09/2/09
Submit your Rating
Open Bar Entertainment/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.