If you’re suffering from sub-par skills, don’t go crying to Xzibit—sucker emcees expecting a “There, there” will get nothing but a big fat “So What?” from the West Coast rapper/actor/ride-pimper. Premiered recently on 2DopeBoyz.com, the first official leak off Mr. Grustle & Tha Russian’s Dubstep LA: Embrace The Renaissance (Vol. 1) mixtape sees X leveling one colossal sneer at the rest of the game, delivering dis after bilious dis over D1‘s grimy, bass-booming beat. The L.A. native’s forcefully-flowed trash talk comes sandwiched between equally aggressive bars from Y-O and Thurzday of Inglewood duo U-N-I, and, while Spongebob Squarepants references may not exactly scream “street,” the Booth-acclaimed twosome come with enough blunted braggadocio and witty wordplay to ensure that this cut gets much more than an indifferent “So What?” from our regulars. If you like what you’re hearing, stay tuned for release details on Embrace the Renaissance—the Cashmere Agency-presented street album is set to hit the ‘net “soon.”
Written by richard on 09/2/09
Submit your Rating
Open Bar Entertainment/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.