If you’re suffering from sub-par skills, don’t go crying to Xzibit—sucker emcees expecting a “There, there” will get nothing but a big fat “So What?” from the West Coast rapper/actor/ride-pimper. Premiered recently on 2DopeBoyz.com, the first official leak off Mr. Grustle & Tha Russian’s Dubstep LA: Embrace The Renaissance (Vol. 1) mixtape sees X leveling one colossal sneer at the rest of the game, delivering dis after bilious dis over D1‘s grimy, bass-booming beat. The L.A. native’s forcefully-flowed trash talk comes sandwiched between equally aggressive bars from Y-O and Thurzday of Inglewood duo U-N-I, and, while Spongebob Squarepants references may not exactly scream “street,” the Booth-acclaimed twosome come with enough blunted braggadocio and witty wordplay to ensure that this cut gets much more than an indifferent “So What?” from our regulars. If you like what you’re hearing, stay tuned for release details on Embrace the Renaissance—the Cashmere Agency-presented street album is set to hit the ‘net “soon.”
Written by richard on 09/2/09
Open Bar Entertainment/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.