Xzibit‘s been a gangster since his formative years in the Motown streets, and he will continue to be such till the day that he dies. On Forever a G, a freshly-released standout off his soon-to-be-released seventh album, the rap vet shares a few pearls of wisdom gained over the course of his hustle. Backed by the slow-rolling boardwork of ID Labs’ E. Dan, X counsels hip-hop hopefuls to “do you,” rather than trying to conform to the game’s exaggerated ideals, and to keep a constant focus on self-improvement: “The greatest trick the devil put together / was that self-destruction is better than striving for perfection.” Pittsburgh heavyweight Wiz Khalifa (whose sophomore set, O.N.I.F.C, drops in December) contributes a hazy hook. In addition to copping Napalm when it drops tomorrow, October 9, fans should be sure to check out The DJBooth and Rdio‘s Best of Xzibit playlist, running through to the end of the month across the entire site.
Written by richard on 10/8/12
Submit your Rating
Open Bar Entertainment/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.