For months we waited for Kansas representer, Booth favorite and recent Warner Bros. signee XV to release his highly anticipated mixtape Vizzy Zone. Thankfully, once it actually dropped last week we learned it was worth every minute of the wait, thanks in no small part to records like Theme to Vizzy Zone. Frequent production partner Seven might have flipped stranger samples than Gloria Gaynor’s classic disco hit I Will Survive into hip-hop bangers, but I doubt it, and the result is an head-nodding beat that XV sends into the stratosphere with more of his trademark flawless flows and pop culture heavy references: “Cue the strings, getting my Eleanor Rigby on / I left and came back right for those who did me wrong…man I’m out of here / standing out like a fu**king zebra in a crowd of deer.” The man’s nothing if not original. Keep it locked to the Booth for the exclusive release of an untagged and deluxe version of Vizzy Zone, due to hit our homepage next week, September 23. Now word yet on where the Vizzy Zone is located in relation to Kenny Loggins’ Danger Zone.
Written by Sigurd on 09/16/10
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.