For months we waited for Kansas representer, Booth favorite and recent Warner Bros. signee XV to release his highly anticipated mixtape Vizzy Zone. Thankfully, once it actually dropped last week we learned it was worth every minute of the wait, thanks in no small part to records like Theme to Vizzy Zone. Frequent production partner Seven might have flipped stranger samples than Gloria Gaynor’s classic disco hit I Will Survive into hip-hop bangers, but I doubt it, and the result is an head-nodding beat that XV sends into the stratosphere with more of his trademark flawless flows and pop culture heavy references: “Cue the strings, getting my Eleanor Rigby on / I left and came back right for those who did me wrong…man I’m out of here / standing out like a fu**king zebra in a crowd of deer.” The man’s nothing if not original. Keep it locked to the Booth for the exclusive release of an untagged and deluxe version of Vizzy Zone, due to hit our homepage next week, September 23. Now word yet on where the Vizzy Zone is located in relation to Kenny Loggins’ Danger Zone.
Written by Sigurd on 09/16/10
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.