Greetings Booth-Heads, and welcome to the Vizzy Zone. If you haven’t boarded yet, now is the time before the seats are filled and you’re left watching takeoff from the terminal. Your captain today is XV, the Midwest heavy hitter that has most recently been signed to a major label deal at Warner Brothers. The celebratory track for today’s flight is Squares, a brand new record he released just after he signed. The production will be brought to you by the eclectic Johnny Juliano, who sets the pace of the track with a beat that, if you’re familiar with the freestyle series alum, fits this ride perfectly. The Kid With the Green Backpack will continue the flight by hitting high altitudes with his bouncy delivery and original wordplay; “Ain’t it funny how, they jog with they jaws, I call it running mouths.” If you liked this journey to the beginning of XV’s final destination, keep a lookout for the talented emcee to drop out of the sky with more dope hip-hop at your nearest DJBooth terminal.
Written by Sigurd on 08/1/10
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.