Greetings Booth-Heads, and welcome to the Vizzy Zone. If you haven’t boarded yet, now is the time before the seats are filled and you’re left watching takeoff from the terminal. Your captain today is XV, the Midwest heavy hitter that has most recently been signed to a major label deal at Warner Brothers. The celebratory track for today’s flight is Squares, a brand new record he released just after he signed. The production will be brought to you by the eclectic Johnny Juliano, who sets the pace of the track with a beat that, if you’re familiar with the freestyle series alum, fits this ride perfectly. The Kid With the Green Backpack will continue the flight by hitting high altitudes with his bouncy delivery and original wordplay; “Ain’t it funny how, they jog with they jaws, I call it running mouths.” If you liked this journey to the beginning of XV’s final destination, keep a lookout for the talented emcee to drop out of the sky with more dope hip-hop at your nearest DJBooth terminal.
Written by Sigurd on 08/1/10
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.