In mythology the phoenix is said to Rise from its own ashes as it’s reborn, and while Kansas rapper XV‘s latest record has absolutely nothing to do with mythology the emcee does seem to take on a sense of bravado that myths are built upon. The Midwest spitter doesn’t hold back on Rise as he touches on the progression he’s made in his career and how he has addressed his doubters. The Awesome Sound‘s already bass-heavy production becomes even more booming as XV rattles off the song’s triumphant hook. The release of Rise comes just a month and a half after the Freestyle Series alum unveiled his The Awesome EP and Popular Culture mixtape. As a bonus for all of his loyal hometown Kansas fans XV will performing the entire tape at a venue in his home state on August 16. Not in Kansas anymore, Toto? Fear not because the entire event will be available via live stream.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/9/12
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.