It’s not on board the Last Train to Paris and it’s not from a future T-Wayne album. Fittingly enough, the last track that I have the good graces of reviewing this year comes from an artist I’ve written about more than any other in 2010, XV. Originally recorded for XV’s TKWTGB, an album that’s almost reached Detox-witholding status (hey, I said almost), A Night to Remember is a fresh joint that will have you hooked for more from the kid from Squaria well into the New Year. Backed by an impressive floating production from constant collaborator Seven, Vizzy uses his bars to romance his latest fly girl with a night of wining and dining, from limos to clubs to…well, you don’t have to be R. Kelly to figure out the rest: “We got back to the Suite and she got a sweet tooth, she pulled out the ice cream, baby let me feed you.” While this is just one Night to Remember, let’s hope you’ve had many in 2010, with many more to come. Happy holidays and have a great New Years BoothHeads. It’s been a pleasure.
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.