It’s not on board the Last Train to Paris and it’s not from a future T-Wayne album. Fittingly enough, the last track that I have the good graces of reviewing this year comes from an artist I’ve written about more than any other in 2010, XV. Originally recorded for XV’s TKWTGB, an album that’s almost reached Detox-witholding status (hey, I said almost), A Night to Remember is a fresh joint that will have you hooked for more from the kid from Squaria well into the New Year. Backed by an impressive floating production from constant collaborator Seven, Vizzy uses his bars to romance his latest fly girl with a night of wining and dining, from limos to clubs to…well, you don’t have to be R. Kelly to figure out the rest: “We got back to the Suite and she got a sweet tooth, she pulled out the ice cream, baby let me feed you.” While this is just one Night to Remember, let’s hope you’ve had many in 2010, with many more to come. Happy holidays and have a great New Years BoothHeads. It’s been a pleasure.
Written by Sigurd on 12/21/10
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.