It’s not on board the Last Train to Paris and it’s not from a future T-Wayne album. Fittingly enough, the last track that I have the good graces of reviewing this year comes from an artist I’ve written about more than any other in 2010, XV. Originally recorded for XV’s TKWTGB, an album that’s almost reached Detox-witholding status (hey, I said almost), A Night to Remember is a fresh joint that will have you hooked for more from the kid from Squaria well into the New Year. Backed by an impressive floating production from constant collaborator Seven, Vizzy uses his bars to romance his latest fly girl with a night of wining and dining, from limos to clubs to…well, you don’t have to be R. Kelly to figure out the rest: “We got back to the Suite and she got a sweet tooth, she pulled out the ice cream, baby let me feed you.” While this is just one Night to Remember, let’s hope you’ve had many in 2010, with many more to come. Happy holidays and have a great New Years BoothHeads. It’s been a pleasure.
Written by Sigurd on 12/21/10
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)