I never thought I’d see the day when ScHoolboy Q, the author of such children’s favorites as Nightmare on Figg St. and Druggy Wit Hoes was on a track named after a mid-‘90s Nickelodeon show, but I guess that just goes to show the power of XV to bring worlds together. Produced by Vizzy’s constant production partner The Awesome Sound, new leak AaaHH! Real Monsters rides along on a hazy and slowly smoking beat that could have just as easily come out of Houston as Wichita. On the mic XV follows suit by showing his more aggressive side, although even at his hardest this lyrical monster can’t help but throw down some video game references: “Shock the world like Blanca / whippin through the city in the Phantom of the Opera.” More his part, ScHoolboy meets Vizzy in the middle, delivering one of the more relaxed offerings I’ve heard from his yet. Does more unexpected hip-hop await us on XV’s Popular Culture mixtape? We won’t have to wait long to find out, the mixtape is set to drop tomorrow, Friday, June 15.
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.