I never thought I’d see the day when ScHoolboy Q, the author of such children’s favorites as Nightmare on Figg St. and Druggy Wit Hoes was on a track named after a mid-‘90s Nickelodeon show, but I guess that just goes to show the power of XV to bring worlds together. Produced by Vizzy’s constant production partner The Awesome Sound, new leak AaaHH! Real Monsters rides along on a hazy and slowly smoking beat that could have just as easily come out of Houston as Wichita. On the mic XV follows suit by showing his more aggressive side, although even at his hardest this lyrical monster can’t help but throw down some video game references: “Shock the world like Blanca / whippin through the city in the Phantom of the Opera.” More his part, ScHoolboy meets Vizzy in the middle, delivering one of the more relaxed offerings I’ve heard from his yet. Does more unexpected hip-hop await us on XV’s Popular Culture mixtape? We won’t have to wait long to find out, the mixtape is set to drop tomorrow, Friday, June 15.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/14/12
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.