Everyone’s favorite unsigned rapper XV says that his new song Now Jump is “speaking on the mindstate I’m going in with my new project, Look What I Can Do”, and if that’s true than we can expect the project to be a dope, dark work. Produced by XV himself, Now Jump is a live-instrumentation oriented track that opens sounding like an 80s song and then explodes into an orchestral work built around some soaring strings and heavy percussion. As always, Vizzy’s lyrics are really the story here, and although he does drop the occasional pop culture reference (Jimmy Superfly Snooker anyone?) for the most part Now Jump is a decidedly serious work, touching on his struggles and self-doubt as he tries to rise through the ranks of an unforgiving rap game. XV insists that he hasn’t decided on a final tracklist of Look What I Can Do, which has no set release date, but I’m sure the Booth’s response will weigh into his decision. Have at it.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/3/09
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)