Everyone’s favorite unsigned rapper XV says that his new song Now Jump is “speaking on the mindstate I’m going in with my new project, Look What I Can Do”, and if that’s true than we can expect the project to be a dope, dark work. Produced by XV himself, Now Jump is a live-instrumentation oriented track that opens sounding like an 80s song and then explodes into an orchestral work built around some soaring strings and heavy percussion. As always, Vizzy’s lyrics are really the story here, and although he does drop the occasional pop culture reference (Jimmy Superfly Snooker anyone?) for the most part Now Jump is a decidedly serious work, touching on his struggles and self-doubt as he tries to rise through the ranks of an unforgiving rap game. XV insists that he hasn’t decided on a final tracklist of Look What I Can Do, which has no set release date, but I’m sure the Booth’s response will weigh into his decision. Have at it.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/3/09
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.