As his fans already know, XV hails from a distant planet named Squaria. But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have mad love for his place of residence here on Earth. The Warner Bros. signee’s latest feature, a standout off his newly-released digital EP, is a loving homage to Kansas City. Zuki & JAYBeatz man the mixing boards, cooking up a slow-rolling synth beat to accompany Vizzy as he pays tribute to the local flora (i.e., the weed in his blunts) and fauna (“There’s bad chicks in my town, and ratchets in my town.”), and celebrates the celebrity status he enjoys among the locals. A dope listen whether you hail from the Midwest, one of the coasts or even overseas, this hometown anthem is one of many fresh cuts to be found on XV’s March Madness Vol. 1 (Madness Begins) EP, available now for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/19/14
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.