As his fans already know, XV hails from a distant planet named Squaria. But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have mad love for his place of residence here on Earth. The Warner Bros. signee’s latest feature, a standout off his newly-released digital EP, is a loving homage to Kansas City. Zuki & JAYBeatz man the mixing boards, cooking up a slow-rolling synth beat to accompany Vizzy as he pays tribute to the local flora (i.e., the weed in his blunts) and fauna (“There’s bad chicks in my town, and ratchets in my town.”), and celebrates the celebrity status he enjoys among the locals. A dope listen whether you hail from the Midwest, one of the coasts or even overseas, this hometown anthem is one of many fresh cuts to be found on XV’s March Madness Vol. 1 (Madness Begins) EP, available now for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/19/14
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.