As his fans already know, XV hails from a distant planet named Squaria. But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have mad love for his place of residence here on Earth. The Warner Bros. signee’s latest feature, a standout off his newly-released digital EP, is a loving homage to Kansas City. Zuki & JAYBeatz man the mixing boards, cooking up a slow-rolling synth beat to accompany Vizzy as he pays tribute to the local flora (i.e., the weed in his blunts) and fauna (“There’s bad chicks in my town, and ratchets in my town.”), and celebrates the celebrity status he enjoys among the locals. A dope listen whether you hail from the Midwest, one of the coasts or even overseas, this hometown anthem is one of many fresh cuts to be found on XV’s March Madness Vol. 1 (Madness Begins) EP, available now for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/19/14
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.