Though XV won Staff Pick for “Best Mixtape” and “Best New Artist (Unsigned)” at yesterday’s Best of the Booth awards ceremony (which, full disclosure, only took place in my imagination this year – incidentally, you won’t believe what imaginary Kanye did…), there were some who thought he should have taken home a third trophy, for the stellar Benzi remix of Mirror’s Edge. Disappointments aside, those readers will be happy to hear that Vizzy is back with another leak off his forthcoming Everybody’s Nobody remix project. This time around the emcee and DJ enlist Gary, Indiana’s Freddie Gibbs and Inglewood favorite Shawn Chrystopher to give Me, You a slower-burning makeover. While I have to give Chrystopher props for the edu-taining line “I’m on top like the numerator,”and Seven‘s pensive production overhaul is undeniably dope, this revamp comes too packed with talent for me to pick a highlight – I’ll leave that to Booth readers. Whatever your take, stay tuned for further release details on We Got the Remix, as well as all the latest on forthcoming studio album The Kid With the Green Backpack.
Written by richard on 01/7/10
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.