Though XV won Staff Pick for “Best Mixtape” and “Best New Artist (Unsigned)” at yesterday’s Best of the Booth awards ceremony (which, full disclosure, only took place in my imagination this year – incidentally, you won’t believe what imaginary Kanye did…), there were some who thought he should have taken home a third trophy, for the stellar Benzi remix of Mirror’s Edge. Disappointments aside, those readers will be happy to hear that Vizzy is back with another leak off his forthcoming Everybody’s Nobody remix project. This time around the emcee and DJ enlist Gary, Indiana’s Freddie Gibbs and Inglewood favorite Shawn Chrystopher to give Me, You a slower-burning makeover. While I have to give Chrystopher props for the edu-taining line “I’m on top like the numerator,”and Seven‘s pensive production overhaul is undeniably dope, this revamp comes too packed with talent for me to pick a highlight – I’ll leave that to Booth readers. Whatever your take, stay tuned for further release details on We Got the Remix, as well as all the latest on forthcoming studio album The Kid With the Green Backpack.
Written by richard on 01/7/10
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.