Though XV won Staff Pick for “Best Mixtape” and “Best New Artist (Unsigned)” at yesterday’s Best of the Booth awards ceremony (which, full disclosure, only took place in my imagination this year – incidentally, you won’t believe what imaginary Kanye did…), there were some who thought he should have taken home a third trophy, for the stellar Benzi remix of Mirror’s Edge. Disappointments aside, those readers will be happy to hear that Vizzy is back with another leak off his forthcoming Everybody’s Nobody remix project. This time around the emcee and DJ enlist Gary, Indiana’s Freddie Gibbs and Inglewood favorite Shawn Chrystopher to give Me, You a slower-burning makeover. While I have to give Chrystopher props for the edu-taining line “I’m on top like the numerator,”and Seven‘s pensive production overhaul is undeniably dope, this revamp comes too packed with talent for me to pick a highlight – I’ll leave that to Booth readers. Whatever your take, stay tuned for further release details on We Got the Remix, as well as all the latest on forthcoming studio album The Kid With the Green Backpack.
Written by richard on 01/7/10
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.