Being Mr. “Wait, how isn’t that dude signed!?” is nice, but it can only last so long. While XV’s built a fiercely loyal fanbase around his innovative lyrical and creative style (see his last feature T.A.L.K.) so far the labels have yet to hop on the Vizzy bandwagon, largely I suspect because they’re not sure how to market him. Enter Gettin’ BiZzy, the new, radio-ready single cut from the young Kansas emcee. Featuring a club-ish-esque beat from constant production partner Seven, BiZzy is definitely not your average XV track, even if his flow is (thankfully) as swag-free and pop-culture reference heavy as always: what other rapper works John Locke and Lost references into his rhymes? While I’m frankly skeptical that this track can find a home on radio (the hook needs help), it should prove to labels that XV’s capable of making music that appeals to the masses, and that might prove to be just as valuable. BiZzy is the first leak of XV’s long-awaited new project Vizzy Zone, presented by LRG, which is finally set to drop in August. Get ‘em Vizzy.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/14/10
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.