Being Mr. “Wait, how isn’t that dude signed!?” is nice, but it can only last so long. While XV’s built a fiercely loyal fanbase around his innovative lyrical and creative style (see his last feature T.A.L.K.) so far the labels have yet to hop on the Vizzy bandwagon, largely I suspect because they’re not sure how to market him. Enter Gettin’ BiZzy, the new, radio-ready single cut from the young Kansas emcee. Featuring a club-ish-esque beat from constant production partner Seven, BiZzy is definitely not your average XV track, even if his flow is (thankfully) as swag-free and pop-culture reference heavy as always: what other rapper works John Locke and Lost references into his rhymes? While I’m frankly skeptical that this track can find a home on radio (the hook needs help), it should prove to labels that XV’s capable of making music that appeals to the masses, and that might prove to be just as valuable. BiZzy is the first leak of XV’s long-awaited new project Vizzy Zone, presented by LRG, which is finally set to drop in August. Get ‘em Vizzy.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/14/10
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.