Even when they have nothing else, aspiring artists have a dream that motivates them to succeed—whether it’s superstardom or simply earning enough to pay next month’s rent. XV, however, has a lengthier To Do List than most, as he explains on this unreleased cut. Once he’s put together a strong discography, he plans to retire while still in the “Top 5 Rappers” list, move to a more pleasant part of the map, and get his own The Bachelor-style reality show on VH1 (XV of Love?—well, that’s still a ways away). In his guest bars, fellow up-and-comer TiRon describes a similarly elaborate fantasy; his dream involves him kicking back with one of the finest ladies around, eating Porterhouse steaks in his penthouse suite. “Planning ahead” is an understatement to describe these emcees’ lofty goals, but it’s hard not to admire their initiative—and, with the support of fans in the Booth and beyond, their dreams may well become reality.
Written by Burmy on 08/12/09
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.