Even when they have nothing else, aspiring artists have a dream that motivates them to succeed—whether it’s superstardom or simply earning enough to pay next month’s rent. XV, however, has a lengthier To Do List than most, as he explains on this unreleased cut. Once he’s put together a strong discography, he plans to retire while still in the “Top 5 Rappers” list, move to a more pleasant part of the map, and get his own The Bachelor-style reality show on VH1 (XV of Love?—well, that’s still a ways away). In his guest bars, fellow up-and-comer TiRon describes a similarly elaborate fantasy; his dream involves him kicking back with one of the finest ladies around, eating Porterhouse steaks in his penthouse suite. “Planning ahead” is an understatement to describe these emcees’ lofty goals, but it’s hard not to admire their initiative—and, with the support of fans in the Booth and beyond, their dreams may well become reality.
Written by Burmy on 08/12/09
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.