Even when they have nothing else, aspiring artists have a dream that motivates them to succeed—whether it’s superstardom or simply earning enough to pay next month’s rent. XV, however, has a lengthier To Do List than most, as he explains on this unreleased cut. Once he’s put together a strong discography, he plans to retire while still in the “Top 5 Rappers” list, move to a more pleasant part of the map, and get his own The Bachelor-style reality show on VH1 (XV of Love?—well, that’s still a ways away). In his guest bars, fellow up-and-comer TiRon describes a similarly elaborate fantasy; his dream involves him kicking back with one of the finest ladies around, eating Porterhouse steaks in his penthouse suite. “Planning ahead” is an understatement to describe these emcees’ lofty goals, but it’s hard not to admire their initiative—and, with the support of fans in the Booth and beyond, their dreams may well become reality.
Written by Burmy on 08/12/09
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.