If there’s one trait common to those who make it to the top, it’s likely the inability to ever achieve complete satisfaction. On the latest record off his forthcoming Everybody’s Nobody mixtape, XV acknowledges that whether you’re talking about cars, women, or musical success in general, “...there’s always Something Better.” Like the mixtape’s previously-featured title track, this record showcases the Wichita native as a canny observer of the game, and two thirds of How Low trio Tanya Morgan also jump on board to provide some sharp insight into just what it is that drives the ambitious individual ever upward. Complete with a catchy, sampled beat by illMind, Something Better is the perfect anthem for all those who have sacrificed their time, money, and peace of mind for a chance at success. Everybody’s Nobody is set to arrive sometime this month, and fans should check back next week for XV’s contribution to the DJBooth.net Freestyle Series.
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.