If there’s one trait common to those who make it to the top, it’s likely the inability to ever achieve complete satisfaction. On the latest record off his forthcoming Everybody’s Nobody mixtape, XV acknowledges that whether you’re talking about cars, women, or musical success in general, “...there’s always Something Better.” Like the mixtape’s previously-featured title track, this record showcases the Wichita native as a canny observer of the game, and two thirds of How Low trio Tanya Morgan also jump on board to provide some sharp insight into just what it is that drives the ambitious individual ever upward. Complete with a catchy, sampled beat by illMind, Something Better is the perfect anthem for all those who have sacrificed their time, money, and peace of mind for a chance at success. Everybody’s Nobody is set to arrive sometime this month, and fans should check back next week for XV’s contribution to the DJBooth.net Freestyle Series.
Written by richard on 03/4/09
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.