If there’s one trait common to those who make it to the top, it’s likely the inability to ever achieve complete satisfaction. On the latest record off his forthcoming Everybody’s Nobody mixtape, XV acknowledges that whether you’re talking about cars, women, or musical success in general, “...there’s always Something Better.” Like the mixtape’s previously-featured title track, this record showcases the Wichita native as a canny observer of the game, and two thirds of How Low trio Tanya Morgan also jump on board to provide some sharp insight into just what it is that drives the ambitious individual ever upward. Complete with a catchy, sampled beat by illMind, Something Better is the perfect anthem for all those who have sacrificed their time, money, and peace of mind for a chance at success. Everybody’s Nobody is set to arrive sometime this month, and fans should check back next week for XV’s contribution to the DJBooth.net Freestyle Series.
Written by richard on 03/4/09
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.